Due to our unhealthy western diet and it’s highly processed foods that many of us eat too regularly, we now have more disease and digestive disorders than ever before in known human history. This downward health spiral has worked out well for the medical industry and pharmaceutical industry. They have a digestive health medicine that can treat every problem you have.
The operative word here being “treat”, not cure. Our health industry is not interested in finding a cure for anything, that’s not what brings in the business.
Let’s take constipation as an example
Constipation is one of the most common digestive disorders we have. If you search for a medicine for it you will be prescribed or guided to several products like:
- bowel cleaning solutions
- bulk-forming laxatives
- fecal softeners
- stimulant laxatives
- 5HT4-receptor agonists
- peripheral opioid-receptor antagonists
All these categories have many products that are all made with drugs. Most of these problems can not only be treated by most people by diet, but most likely cured for good. There are several problems with treating these symptoms with drugs;
1. Drugs can never cure your problem, they can only provide temporary relief for the symptoms until they hit you again.
2. All drugs come with the possibility of negative adverse side effects.
3. Drugs will cause other symptoms unrelated to the symptom they were made to treat, causing you to seek out yet another prescription for another drug that will create another problem.
This is happening everywhere. There are more people on medication now than ever before. Many people are and will be, many unnecessarily, on medication for the rest of their lives. Your doctor is more than happy to prescribe a medication as long as you need it, and once you start, you will always need it.
Natural treatments door digestive health problems
Let’s look at the above list again. Do you really want to take a drug as a bulk-forming laxative? Over-use of laxatives can lead to serious side effects;
- they can cause kidney stones or failure
- they can body dehydration and rob it from vitamins and minerals
- they can damage bowel function
- pro-longed use can eventually make them stop working altogether
How about dietary fibers we can get from eating all-natural grains such as unrefined oats, barley and the best one of all; bran. Not only will these build up bulk in the intestinal tract, but will also leave your body with digestive enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Consume plenty dietary fiber and you won’t need stimulant laxatives or fecal softeners, or bowel cleaning solutions.